Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Foiled by a Frenchman!

You may recall that I have a tendency to go on about the philosophical significance of the weirdness of quantum mechanics, well, some French bloke, Bernard d'Espagnat, (I'm not making this up!) has just won the 2009 Templeton Prize worth $1.4 million, for writing about exactly that! le porc sauvage! (The beastly swine!)

His book, On Physics and Philosophy (£24.49 Free Delivery Usually dispatched within 6-8 weeks from Play.com - I'm thinking about buying it) apparently re-examines many traditional metaphysical problems in light of quantum physics. If I hadn't been so busy trying to teach you lot I could have writ it!! But I'm not bitter.

Just make sure you've done your homework.

Also only Connor & Georgie have acknowledged receipt of the powerpoints I emailed you all, so either the rest of you haven't got them, can't be bothered to reply or haven't got them because you've changed your email address in a vain attempt to improve your self-esteem. I can feel a poll coming on.

2 comments:

Will Barrett said...

I got the email, but I deleted it after I read it lol. Whoops. Don't worry though, I've read that thing what I'm s'posed to read init.

Will

mrbrodie said...

I always said you were the best one, Will.